Wednesday, April 14, 2010

The 2 Reasons why I started this blog... Part 2

Why did I start this blog?

Obviously from the title, there are two reasons. The second reason is Kaleb Nation.

Kaleb Nation, writer of the Bran Hambric series. He is also known as TwilightGuy and ShiverGuy. He is addicted to Twitter and he vlogs alot... I'm starting to wonder if he spends anytime writing his series at all.

Anyway, Kaleb has this amazing website:
http://kalebnation.com/

On his website, he blogs... alot, whether it's about his novels, or his pet chinchilla, or his interviews with other writers, or going on Blogtv, or about Stephenie Meyer and her Twilight series, or etc.... Seriously, when does he ever write his own novels.

Kaleb Nation is the author of Bran Hambric: The Farfield Curse and Bran Hambric: The Specter Key and also whatever comes next after that...


However, these books are not what got me reading about Kaleb Nation. Don't get me wrong, his books are great, but what really got me into following Kaleb's blog is that he sometimes talk about his journey as a writer. He often mentions that he had this idea in 2003, and then five years later in 2008, that idea became a novel that was accepted for publication with Sourcebooks Jabberwocky. Then in late 2009, the novel came out and I read it.


Reading about his journey as a writer appeals to me because Kaleb Nation is around my age, and he's publishing a novel, which gives me hope that I can publish a novel as well. So then someday, I'll be able to shout on my blog that my novel got accepted for publication. Someday I'll be able to sign a book deal, and tell people I'll be going on tour, and etc....

Not only that, but I realized that one of the reasons I read his first novel was because I've been following his blog and getting all excited when it finally came out. So maybe, if I start my own blog, I'll be able to connect with people who also loves to read books. In other words, I'm trying to build a platform.

Let's face it; today with facebook, and twitter, etc..., publishers have gotten lazy when it comes to marketing their client's books. Publishers want authors who already have a platform of people who want to read their novels. They have realized that with blogs and stuff on the internet, they can get their authors to help market themselves in a more efficient way that won't hurt their budget (remember: publishing companies are a business too).

That is why Kaleb Nation is one of the reasons I started this blog. I want to follow in his footsteps so that one day I'll be able to publish my first novel. So, please read my first novel when it comes out someday; I promise you won't be disappointed. Also, read the Bran Hambric series by Kaleb Nation. It is a really good fantasy series.

To find out more about the Bran Hambric series, go to this website:
http://www.branhambric.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment