Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween!


The only time of year when you're allowed to talk to strangers.

This year I'm going to go as Death (with a scythe). I hope a lot of old people will answer the door when I ring the bell. My little brother is going to go as the Black Spiderman. I'm going to take him around the neighborhood in celebration of this special day!



I'm going to enjoy this day before tomorrow appears on the horizon. Because tomorrow is a special day for us aspiring writers. It's not a holiday. It's definitely not a holiday. It's more like a literary version of a woman giving birth. You force yourself to go through the torture of it so as to create something special in the end. So it's certainly a special day. But it's definitely not a holiday.

So are you writers out there ready for tomorrow. Because tomorrow is NANOWRIMO!

I can already feel the bags forming under my eyes.


P.S. - Even if you're not a writer, you must still prepare for the day after Halloween. Be sure to have an abundant supply of toothbrushes, floss, toothpaste, mouthwash, and maybe some Pepto Bismol for upset stomachs.

5 comments:

  1. Not a NaNo entry but I will keep the coffee on in case you need it ;) Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. Guess you're having all your fun tonight - stocking up for the grueling NaNo.

    Good luck, and try not get discouraged. Maybe I'll be able to post something interesting once in a while to shock your adrenaline into overdrive.


    ......dhole

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need an abundant supply of toothbrushes, floss, toothpaste, mouthwash, and maybe some Pepto Bismol for upset stomachs everyday. Well, not the Pepto Bimol. I love sweets. John, I have decided with your help to get back on the band wagon by limiting my sweet intake to twice a week but it small quantities. The. Goal. Starts. Now. Dun dun dun! What is this NaNo thing anyway?

    ReplyDelete