Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Shakespeare Undead

Shakespeare Undead is a novel written by Lori Handeland.

If I were to summarize this novel in one sentence, it would be:

This is a story about a vampire, named William Shakespeare, who falls in love with a human, named Kate,.... while they both fight off an army of zombies in 16th century London.

No matter how it sounds, this is a romantic tale. William Shakespeare is a vampire, one of the undead. And Kate is a chasseur, a huntress who kills zombies and vampires and anything else supernatural. The two meet when they travel the streets of London at night, hunting for zombies which started to appear in the city.

Together they must defeat the zombies and find the necromancer that is summoning the army. Meanwhile, Shakespeare must try to keep his undead secret from Kate, or she'll chop off his head when she finds out. That's going to hurt a lot more than just being kicked in the nuts.

This is a great tale full of romance, sex, blood, zombies, and Queen Elizabeth. How can you not want to read this book?


P.S. - Throughout the book, there have been scenes that vaguely implies that Shakespeare will continue to live on and write other works in the 20th century, such as The Wizard of Oz, The Sixth Sense, Star Wars, etc....

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great read. I tend to like reading things that are off the beaten path. (Hugs)Indigo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool. I'll have to check it out. Hey, it looks like you're almost done w/ Lycan Island. I'm here if you need a beta reader. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the offer, Mina.

    I'll keep you in mind. But I'm more interested in finding beta readers for the short stories in my anthology.

    Are you interested?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes. I'd love to help. Just say where and when. :0) minaburrows1(@)gmail(dot)com

    On another note, if any of your short stories have an "extinct" theme, then you may consider this call for submissions:
    http://phoenixsullivan.blogspot.com/p/extinct-call-for-submissions.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Mina!

    When I make enough progress on my anthology to send it for beta reading, I'll post about it to see who else will respond as well.

    Sadly, I don't have an "extinct" theme short story, so I can't really participate in the submissions.

    But it has given me an idea...

    ReplyDelete