Monday, April 19, 2010

Review: Knightley Academy

by Violet Haberdasher (her real name is Robyn Schneider)

Before I go into the review, I have two things to say:

1) The pen name Violet Haberdasher makes me think of a purple rabbit for some reason.
2) I don't understand why she needs a pen name. Her real name, Robyn Schneider, is a fantastic and unique name.

Knightley Academy by Violet Haberdasher is a fantastic novel. I would recommend it to anyone, especially those who love the premise of a young boy going to an amazing school and fighting enemies. Sorry if you're thinking of Harry Potter by JK Rowling, but this book has no magic. However, what it does have is chivalry, sword fighting, characters with strength, a touch of humor, mysteries with red herrings, and many more fantastic elements.

This novel is about a boy named Henry Grim who is a simple commoner with a brilliant mind. However, due to some circumstances, he was able to attend the famous Knightley Academy, which was a school only for noble born students. But because of Henry, that tradition is broken. Together with the help of his friends, Adam, Rohan, Frankie (she's a girl), and his tutor, Professor Stratford, he tries to survive school and stop a war at the same time.

If you love stories of chivalrous knights and tales of strong characters who stands up even when society tries to bring them down, this is the book for you.

Although, I still wish there was some sort of awesome, climatic battle at the end. Despite that, the novel did end in such a way that I wish there was a sequel in my hand now.

For more information about the novel, click on this.


Violet Haberdasher, if you're reading this, thanks for writing a fantastic novel.

Also, thanks to those who read my blog, and especially to those who're going to go read Knightley Academy because of my blog.

John Smith



PS: I discovered Violet Haberdasher from Kaleb Nation. They are both funny people who make great vlogs and write great novels.

No comments:

Post a Comment